Thought you would be interested in this PowerPoint based video – “A Stocking Stuffer Tour of Monongahela’s Main St. Business District.” It gives an idea of what some of the stores along main street sell with the goal to encourage more people to shop locally. Most of the presentation is the work of Terry Necciai. The music is my fault and I contributed the photo at the end. Enjoy!
HEADS UP! – Come out to the February meeting of the Monongahela Area Historical Society on Thursday. Scott Frederick, retired teacher from the Ringgold School District will be speaking. His topic will be Monongahela area inventors with particular emphasis on Professor Schick’s flying machine and the Nerf football of Fred Cox.
- When: February 26, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: First Presbyterian Church, 609 Chess St., Monongahela PA
Here is a teaser about Professor Schick especially for Lost Monongahela readers:
I could post more but I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag. Trust me, this will be a fascinating talk. You’ll be amazed this stuff went on back in the day.
Several photographic mysteries will be solved 7:00 PM Thursday in the parlor of the First Presbyterian Church, Monongahela, Pa. Here are few examples: (click image to enlarge)
Just wanted to let Lost Monongahela readers know about the next meeting of the Monongahela Area Historical society (MAHS). It sounds fascinating. Here are the details taken from the MAHS newsletter: Continue reading
I should have mentioned this in yesterday’s post but here is a link to an interactive map showing the location of all participating stores, venues and organisations for the Monongahela Area Light Up Celebration. You may want to save the link to your cell phone so you have access to it while you are in town.
Just wanted to let you all know about the Monongahela Area Christmas light up celebration to be held on Friday, November 16th, 2012 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Most local businesses will be hosting open houses and offering treats and discounts. Here’s a list of activities for the evening:
- The Ringgold High School Marching Band and The Dance Company by Lori will lead the Lion’s Club who will deliver Santa Claus from The Slovak Club to his house at First Federal Savings Bank. Grilli’s Studio will be available to take your picture with Santa. All good little children will receive gifts from Santa!
- DJ Derek Galiffa of Galiffa Productions will entertain with holiday music in the Family Dollar plaza until 9:00 p.m.
- DJ Bill Lemon of Disco Inferno will entertain with Christmas music in front of the Chamber office in the 200 block of West Main Street until 9:00 p.m.
- Dave Wingo, previously with The Vogues, now with the duo DNA, will perform acoustic and electric guitar holiday music at Chess Park.
- Luminaries will light both sides of Main Street from Dierken’s Pharmacy in Monongahela to The Twist in New Eagle.
- Christmas Trees donated by Lone Oak Farm will be decorated and lit by Madonna Catholic Regional School, Ringgold Elementary South and community volunteers.
- Free shuttle bus service will be available until 9:00 p.m between Sheetz and New Eagle Bakery.
- Ringgold’s Raz Ma Taz Choir will sing carols throughout the community.
- Hill’s Restaurant will provide free hot chocolate.
- The Monongahela Historical Society will host a bake sale & will be selling Monongahela themed ornaments.
- The Monongahela Area Library will provide entertainment.
- Eat N Park will provide free cookies & hot chocolate.
- The Vintage Valley will have a holiday open house.
- Rabe’s Trading Post will have gift baskets.
- Hacker Shack Computers will have free pastries & hot chocolate.
- Miss Barbara’s School of Dance will perform at First Niagara Bank starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Barbara Mayfield of The Bee’s Nest will decorate all the pine trees on Main Street for Christmas.
- Cindy Cialone of Make Time for Massage will be giving out candy.
- The Monongahela Senior Center will be offering an open house and cookies.
- Mod On Main will be offering free hot apple cider, cookies and a 30% discount on all accessories.
- Chaney’s Natural Wellness will have an open house offering demonstrations, mini-sessions andspecials.
- Just 4 You Gift Shop will have free cookies and selected Christmas discounts.
- My Coffee Shop is offering free hot chocolate and cookies.
- The Dance Company by Lori will perform at: 6:15 p.m – First Federal Savings Bank. 6:45 p.m. – Monongahela Senior Center. 7:00 p.m. – First Niagara & PNC Banks. 7:30 p.m. – Rite-Aid. 8:00 p.m. – Chess Park. 8:30 p.m. – Hills Restaurant and Eat N Park.
- First Baptist Church will present a living Nativity starting at 6:45.
- Studio 242 will host an open house.
- “The Bar” will have elves for the kids and a DJ for the adults.
- Dorothea’s Boutique will have live mannequins, wine & cheese, and 60% off discount.
- Knick Knacks and Paddy Wacks will have refreshments, face painting and give-aways for the kids.
- Madonna Catholic Regional School will have an open house along with crafts and refreshments.
- Favorite Little Things will celebrate their grand opening with cookies, hot chocolate and coffee.
According to the Monongahela Farmers Market Facebook page there is a new vendor selling “… gyros, hummus, grape leaves, spinach pie and lemonade.” According to the author of the post, “The hummus was delicious and the gyros smelled unbelievable.” So on your way home from work why not stop by and pick up Friday evening dinner at the farmers market? Greek cuisine along with fresh locally grown produce can’t be beat! Hours are 3-6pm every Friday evening at Chess Park.
And while you’re at it, go right across the street and check out Judeth Rose Ice Cream Parlor. In addition to ice cream you can order items such as pulled pork sandwiches, french fries and more. The house is beautiful and you can eat around back on the porch. Read more about it in the this newspaper article or better yet check out the Judeth Rose Ice Cream Parlor Facebook page. Saturday August 4th, barbecue pork, beef and chicken – and burgers will be served from 11AM til the food is gone. And stick around from 6-8PM for musical entertainment from Renee and Bill Teck, owners of From the Top Music Shop!